Adult scoliosis may be due to a pre-existing curve that has progressed or may result from spine degenerative changes and osteoporosis. It is often painful, progressive, and limits function.
The Goals of Schroth therapy for Adult scoliosis include:
- Pain relief
- Halt curve progression
- Increase spinal stability through improved body mechanics and posture
- Increased strength and flexibility
- Prevent or delay surgery
- Improve postural appearance
- Improve lung capacity
- Improve ability to perform daily activities
Schroth after Surgery
Spinal fusion surgery will stabilize the spinal curve however the patient needs to adapt posture and function to this new trunk orientation.
The Goals of Schroth therapy for patients that have undergone spinal fusion surgery include:
- Increase postural awareness of the fused spine
- Stabilize above and below the fused segments with postural corrective exercise
- Integrate the corrected postural alignment into daily activities
- Improve respiration and rib cage mobility
- Increased stability, balance, and strength of the altered trunk
You owe it to yourself to feel how strong and flexible the Schroth Method can make you. Stand taller and approach your daily activities with confidence.
"Diane began treating me when my back went out. I have had scoliosis since childhood that was only monitored by my doctor. As an adult, I have had chronic back pain with a few severe episodes that kept me out of work for a while. Learning the Schroth method has decreased the severity and frequency of my pain, taught me how to correct my posture and breathe better. I finally feel in control of my body! I am definitely stronger and can do my everyday tasks pain free and enjoy a more active lifestyle. Thank you Diane!" S.M.